Seasonal Forestry Technician
Green Diamond Resource Company
To provide high quality field assistance to District Foresters in the design and layout of harvest units for the development of Harvest Plans. Aids foresters in the field reconnaissance and flagging of road locations, stream protection zones, harvest boundaries and related forestry duties.
Under the guidance of the District Forester, the incumbent supports a wide variety of field layout tasks associated with the design of specific harvest units and the location and design of associated roads. Specific duties include:
- Flag boundaries, stream protection zones, property lines, wildlife retention areas, wildlife key habitat features (green trees, snags, ponds, seeps etc.), tree marking, and stream classification.
- Performs field reconnaissance and describes the conditions and potential constraints and problems to the responsible District Forester who can provide further guidance and resolution to field layout design.
- Documents and records the technical information related to each Harvest Plan in a concise and accurate manner.
- Interacts daily with District Foresters as well as other Forestry Technicians. The incumbent will be working with these department representatives and as well as representatives in the Harvesting and Inventory GIS departments.
- Provides informational documentation and explanation of details of field layout.
- Assists in miscellaneous forestry functions, such as burning, tree planting and firefighting.
- Participates actively in Company safety program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Associates of Science degree in Forestry, Natural Resource field or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of how to apply road and harvesting design principles during field layout.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be proficient in the use of forestry equipment, including GPS.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate with the aid of a map, compass and aerial photo interpretation.
- Effective and professional relationships with co-workers within immediate work group, outside the immediate department, and with key contacts outside the company.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.