The SBHC Patient Service Representative will support the overall functions of the daily operations of the school-based health centers (SBHC) in a school- based setting. Operates in multiple roles of patient service representative, registration clerk, scheduling, medical records management, data entry, billing, liaison to school office staff, manages overall daily operations for assigned SBHC, and serves as an interpreter. Support practitioners in their objective to provide health care and other comprehensive services to the clients of SBHC.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensuring SBHC opens at designated time.
- Organize day by prioritizing tasks and fulfilling daily essential duties before the end of the day.
- Greets patients and welcomes guest to our office in a courteous professional manner.
- Accompanies children to and from classroom as needed or ensures student has a hall pass back to class.
- Ensures waiting area clean and safe for patients, employees and guest. Will keep all toys, books and furniture wiped down as needed throughout the day and at the end of the day.
- Ensure custodial duties are being fulfilled by school custodian not to exclude stocking of all dispensers in restroom, exam room and lab and kitchen area.
- Ensures medical and office supplies are stocked and organized.
- Manages expenditures within assigned budget using the excel budget tracking sheet.
- Clerical support to nurses, medical and mental health providers.
- Faxing, copying and utilizing tracking tools.
- Mailing/sending out correspondences and receiving all mail, opening and date stamping.
- Demonstrates proficiency in current computer registration system. Responsible for maintaining timelines, accuracy and consistency as identified by standard workflows.
- Demonstrates proficiency and accuracy in entering and updating insurance information at each visit.
- Income information is collected, entered and accurately documented using workflow.
- Will manage and maintain work queues daily.
- Scheduling patient using correct patient visit type, reason for visit, and time length.
- Responsible for keeping all consent forms and documents organized, updated and filed per standard workflow.
- Responsible for initiating and or processing ROI’s per standard workflow.
- Responsible for scanning documents per standard workflow, and verifying they are indexed and committed in accurate location before shredding or filing documents away.
- Responsible for faxing provider notes to outside PCP’s and documenting in the ROI module.
- Responsible for following work flows that result in capturing activities to meet patient engagement standards as outlined in the APCM program.
- Update and maintain mental health tracking sheet, assist Mental Health Therapists with faxing and ensuring all forms and consents are up to date.
- Ensuring VIS forms are current and up to date.
- Complete vaccine transfers in Alert.
- Download data loggers and keep temperature logs from data logger in log book.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- BLS Healthcare Provider (First Aid/CPR)
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License and Insurance
- One-year experience, using skills in a similar work environment (preferably medical) with busy phone lines and high activity level.
- One-year computer experience with demonstrated computer literacy with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Skills to intervene and promote reconciliation, compromise and positive outcomes in difficult interactions
- Skilled at using electronic health records as applicable to area of work (EPIC,WISDOM)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, Certified or Qualified interpreter required.
- AA degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Proficiency with medical terminology, billing and coding preferred. Experience working with at- risk children and families preferably in a school environment.
- Ability to demonstrate and practice in accordance with HIPAA standards of practice.
Benefits Include the Potential for the Following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Accident, Short Term Disability, and Critical Illness Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with Available Company Match
- Organization Paid Standard Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Wellness Programs Such as Cooking, Zumba, Yoga, and Gardening
- Personal and Professional Development Seminars
Please visit our website to apply:
At La Clinica, we commit to engage everyone in a welcoming, respectful, and loving way and to maintain the dignity and value of all people above everything else. These standards align with our organization’s vision of absolute excellence, open-hearted community, and well-being for all.
For more information, please visit our website at: https://laclinicahealth.org/patients/approach/
Applications will be reviewed by the appropriate Department for interview; those selected must be able to provide proof of legal right to work in this country. Criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen will be performed after any job offers. La Clinica is a drug free work environment and Equal Opportunity Employer. La Clinica complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you consider yourself disabled and desire assistance in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department.